So far everything is going great with the pregnancy, baby is healthy and I'm healthy, just having the usual aches and pains associated with being pregnant and putting on about 20 pounds!! In my mind, it's all going to melt off as soon as the baby is out and I'll be able to walk out of the hospital in my pre-pregnancy clothes, no more tent-like shirt dresses and stretchy elastic pants for me...although they are fabulously comfortable!
We are planning to use a midwife and do a natural Bradley birth (Bradley is another natural birthing method other than Lamaze in that it teaches normal, deep breathing and total relaxation during labor rather than teaching distraction methods). Gordon is going to be my coach and he gets to give nice back massages and keep me relaxed so I can focus on letting my body do the work as nature intended. My teacher swears that some women who practice the Bradley method and are completely relaxed feel no pain at all during labor, just the feeling of muscles working (don't know how true this is, but I'll buy it...maybe I'll even be one of the lucky few...just let me be naive here, it's my first baby ok??) Gordon is an awesome coach so far, he's really into learning about everything and is reading all the books! My mom is planning to be here for the birth as well, she had all three of us naturally, so I know she won't hesitate to make sure I stick with the natural childbirth thing...I can just see her in the room with me like, "oh stop whining it's not that bad..."
Ok that's enough for now....I'll keep my progress updated!
1 comment:
send me the stuff!
Post a Comment